Saturday, January 16, 2010

More Good News/Bad News

The Good News: On Wednesday morning I bounded out of bed, up and at 'em around 6ish, ready to greet the day.
The Bad News: I had an 8 am dentist appointment, meaning I had to leave at 7:15 to be guaranteed to be there on time.
The Good News: No wait in the waiting room. (But I must make a note there were so many people in the dentist office at 8 am. The place was packed! Who does that?)
The Bad News: Three fillings.
The Good News: My dentist is amazingly cool.
The Bad News: I pay for his amazing coolness. I pay dearly.
The Good News: I mentioned to him I was planning on piercing my nose that afternoon. So he said he could give me a long lasting anesthetic that would deaden my nose for hours.
The Bad News: I spent the rest of the day looking like a stroke patient. And I could barely drink my latte because I couldn't close my mouth around the straw. And I had lots of errands to run.
The Good News: My face was numb until I went to bed that night.
The Bad News: I still felt every. cubic. millimeter. of that HUGE needle. All the way through. It hurt like H-E-double hockey sticks.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so happy that you're posting again! Three fillings is not a very fun way to start the day, and a nose piercing to end it (it does look cute BTW)....you seem to be a glutton for punishment.

Melissa said...

what a day!! Did I miss the pic of the posting....must go look again. :)

Kristen said...

I've missed you! Glad you're posting again! I'm so scared to go to the dentist!