Monday, September 15, 2008

The little camper/hunters are home from their weekend adventure. I'd show pictures but somebody forgot to take them.... Doug took Brooklyn and Ty to go run around the woods with him. I don't get it. Why would anyone want to wake up EARLY and then leave a warm bed to go walk around in the FREEZING, WET, COLD woods and then repeat the process the next day? It must be a guy thing. He probably doesn't understand why I would cut up little pieces of fabric just so I could sew them back together.

The troops came home VERY TIRED! And they had apparently adjusted to camp time because they woke up at 5:30 this morning. AGGGHHH. Doug said Brooklyn had plenty of Bigfoot stories to tell, trying to freak out Ty. And Ty fell down a hill, rolling end over end seven times.

Me and Maddy stayed home. My sister, her daughter, her husband and his sister came over on a whim on Friday night. I picked up something at their house and said "why don't you come have a slumber party." So they came up and Shane helped me finish tiling my laundry room floor - the floor I've had six weeks to finish but waited until the night before Sears was delivering a new washer. Yeah, that one.

My friend Melissa came up with her daughter on Saturday. Her little girl is quite the chatterbox ;) and had me amazed at how long she could stay awake talking! I have some talkers in my life, but I think her little one takes the cake.

And then I watched FOOTBALL ON SUNDAY!!!! Yeehaw. Its football season again!


Dawn said...

That comparison of hunting to quilting made me laugh. ;) Your husband is a lucky man to have a wife who loves football so much. Football games mean blogging time for me.

Melissa said...

I'm glad they made it home safely. Ella continues to chatter incessantly about everything---ducks, maddie, panties, the river, Delena, chips, dogs, and on and on and on it goes.

Andrea said...

I never knew you loved football! I love it too! We rushed home after church last Sunday to watch the Seahawks loose. Good times!