Sunday, August 9, 2009

I mowed a park

On Friday I thought I'd be neighborly and mow the lawn next door. Our neighbor just comes over on the weekends. He's been gone most of the summer so his grass was REALLY long. And apparently I thought I needed to walk, oh, three or four miles pushing a lawn mower. The sick part of me kept thinking what fun it would be to be the caretaker of this property because it is pretty as it is, but could be gorgeous with a little TLC. And then I'd snap back to reality and remember I can barely take care of my own yard.


The kicker, though? He didn't even show up this weekend.

3 comments:

Wentworth Family Blog said...

That was sweet of you. Wish you were my neightbor!

Kristen said...

You're so awesome, Delena! That is a huge yard.

Also, just wanted you to know that I passed an award onto you. :)

Lisa said...

What I would give to have you as my neighbor!! Right now you couldn't pay me to go out back and mow what has become a field of grass. It was in the 90's here with a heat index of 100-105 with lets say 99% humidity, gotta love the south for the humidity, i am sure it is what God modeled hell after......