Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ty turns 7

This past weekend Ty and Granddad celebrated their birthdays. Ty wanted to go camping for his birthday so away we went.
I, of course, forgot candles. But Auntie Tracy used to sell Partylite and just happened to have the "World's Largest Supply Of Candles One Could Carry While Camping," so we were good. Okay, she may not have had "The Largest Supply" because we definitely didn't have enough for Granddad to blow out....And, yes, the above picture shows my idea of a birthday cake. I'm not saying I'm proud of it, but its cake.



I've started having the kids pack their own bags because, by golly, by this time they should know what to pack for camping. I neglected checking the bags this time, though, because I was in a rush. Below is what Madelyn decided to bring to the dirty, dusty campsite. One thing is certain - the girl's got style.

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Happy Birthday to Ty! He's such a great kid. I love Maddie's choice of attire of the camping trip. :) Your posts always make me laugh.

Kristen said...

Oh that's awesome, Delena! Love your photos and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TY!