Sunday, January 13, 2008

Middle of the night thoughts

So, yesterday we headed over the pass for another JBQ match. This is a program where my two oldest kids compete on their Bible knowledge. Its really cute. And I love that they are hiding God's word in their heart. I have to say I have learned a ton of Bible trivia and facts and theology. Its been great for all of us.

It's also presented some challenges, too. My daughter, Brooklyn, is older and is retaining most of the facts at this point. My son, Ty, though is having a bit more trouble. I wonder if he'll ever clue in and realize he's kind of the underdog right now. I know in a couple of years, he'll be kicking butt. But right now it seems like he's barely hanging on. And then there's the exhaustion factor. We got up yesterday morning at 4:30 in the morning and didn't get home to bed until 8:30 pm. The day was very long. He doesn't tolerate being tired well, and it came out in full force after the last match. He threw a fit. We ended up in the bathroom and I know everyone could hear him sobbing. It broke my heart to see him disappointed, but I also know that you don't win everying in life and you kind of have to deal with it sometimes. Once again, an I'm-not-quite-sure-what-to-do-here kind of mommy moment.

On a different note, it's the middle of the night right now. The entire family is sleeping - most of them in my bed. My husband is making strange sleep noises that I can't sleep through. I've been kicked out by my youngest (the biggest bed hog) who keeps peeing in her own bed. Now I have a headache, I'm slightly anxious, and I know I'll be washing sheets tomorrow. I really hate changing bed sheets. Oh, well. In a few more years, they wont need me to make their beds, and then I'll be up in the middle of the night because of that! I'm going to try to go to sleep now. I'll probably end up on the couch.

No comments: