Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snowshoeing

Today we went with Doug to do an appraisal up Lake Wenatchee. It was beautiful! We all put on our snowshoes and headed off into the great outdoors. This is an indication of how deep the snow was. We had to climb up the bank next to the suburban to get onto the snow. The kids were real troopers and had a blast. And momma even had fun, too. Usually I throw a big fit about how cold it will be and how out of shape I am and how I'd rather just stay in the car. But I'm trying to be more adventurous, and this is definitely one thing I don't mind jumping into.



This is one of those take-it-yourself pictures of me and Doug. He's the outdoorsy-type. I'm getting there...... Doug actually bought me snowshoes before we were married. When I was putting them on today I commented that I think this is only the third time I've worn them since he bought them for me.

Doug and Madelyn before the adventure.
The two little troopers, Brooklyn and Ty.
Paving the way!

No comments: