Monday, January 7, 2008

Resolution complete

Wow! This could just be a miracle. I have actually accomplished my New Year's Resolution this year. I resolved to begin blogging!!! Some of my closest friends have blogs and I love to read them, so I really wanted to start one. I'm not sure why. Maybe I just want to be as cool as they are. Its not like anyone will be reading it. I think it might be therapeutic to get out some of my feelings and hope the people I vent about wont be reading this.



Now that I have accomplished my NYR, I may as well make more. Here's a short list, in no particular order, of things I want to do this year.



1. I'd like to make a quilt for myself. I have this great Mary Engelbriet material that I've had for a year or so. I really love it and can't wait to piece it together. And this one I'm keeping. Every quilt I've made has been for someone else. I've made a couple for my kids, but that doesn't count.



2. I want to be a better wife and mom. This is my favorite role in life and sometimes it gets put on the back burner. Don't ask me why. I really would rather do nothing more than be home with my husband Doug and my kids. They are the best in the world!



3. I want to spend more times with my really good friends. I find myself being less and less social, probably because of resolution #2, but I really miss my friends. They are always so encouraging and make me a better person. I tend to need a really close friend for moral support - and not just one friend. I need a close friend for all the different areas of my life - like a close "homeschool friend" and a "pedicure friend" and then the "kindred spirit" friend. I'm not quite sure where I'll fit in all these friends, but I'll give it a shot.



Well, there's three more things to work on. That should keep me busy for the year. Maybe I'll remember to update my progress at the end of the year. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh I am so excited to read your stuff. You are awesome!