I'm not always big on making resolutions because,lets face it, I can't even complete the stuff I'm supposed to do. Why add to my list. But I'm going to anyway. So, for the fun of it, lets recap 2008:
1. Make a quilt - Nope. Didn't happen. Too busy rebuilding an already built house.
2. Be a better wife and mom - Hmm. Ask the fam.
3. Spend time with my favorite friends - I'm doing okay. The move to "the middle of nowhere" has put a damper on that, but I've found a way to fit them in.
Now, for 2009:
1. Make a quilt.
2. Spend more time with the kiddos. Amazing that I can be with them all day and feel like I haven't even seen them.
3. Make Doug feel like a king. I didn't say "make Doug the king." And that's a very important detail. Between you and me, as long as they feel like they're in charge, all is well. We all know who keeps things running around here.
4. I would like to learn another instrument this year. The bass guitar is looking promising, but I don't want to steal Doug's thunder.
5. Adopt a kid. That was on the back burner because of all that was going on, but maybe now we can get the paperwork out. Oh, yeah, and that brings me to #6.
6. Prove my citizenship. Apparently that's an important detail when you want to adopt a kid. I mean, really. Nobody asked me when I had a kid if I was an American citizen. What the heck.
Now I tag Dawn, Pam, Chad, Kristin, The Melissa's, Lisa and Andrea for their resolutions. And none of that crap about losing weight or being a better person.