Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brooklyn turns 8

My little Brooklyn had her 8th birthday yesterday. It totally sucks that she could leave in 10 more years. But we'll just keep her dependent on us so she can never leave...

Brooklyn, I love the way you love and live life. You're the life of the party, and everything's a party! You love to sing your little heart out and put on a show. All day today you've been wearing a Hannah Montana wig, even out to dinner. Daddy thought it was silly, but I was pulling for you because its just part of who you are these days. I love your sense of style, mixing hot pink pants with green alligator boots. I love how you wrestle with your brother and aren't afraid to body slam him. I love that you can play dolls with Madelyn and share all your stuff with her. Yesterday I asked you to teach Maddy all you've learned in swimming this year and you hurried over to her to give her a lesson, lending her your goggles so she could watch you underwater. I love that you are so content being alone but also love to have people around. I love your love for nature and God's great creation, and that you recognize it's His creation we're in awe of. I love your love of scripture and Bible stories and asking me to turn the radio to Christian music. I love that you're planning on living next door when you grow up. ;) I love that you come running into our room in the morning with a huge smile and a good morning to greet us. I love how you love your Daddy and me and the whole family. You're such an important part of our family and I'm so grateful we were trusted to raise you.

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

You made me cry...that was so sweet. Happy Birthday to Brooklyn! She really is an incredible little girl.

Andrea said...

Ok, you're making the rest of us look bad! Great letter!~
Hey, I need your address so I can send Brooklyn her card. It's sitting here ready but no where to go...

Kristen said...

That is lovely! Why do our kids have to grow up????