Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shopping

In an attempt to continue to save money/live without debt, I did the coupon thing last night. It may not have been the first time, but I can't remember the last time, and its never really been my thing. Then I read about my friend who bought $180 groceries for $30 so I had to give it a try. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I did get $120 stuff for $60, so that's a good start.

Some of my finds:
Three Coffeemate creamers (a staple in our house).
Normally 2.59.
Store special 3/$5.
Two coupons totalling an additional $.70 off each.
$.96 each.

Two pkgs Kraft singles
Normally 4.49
Store coupons: 1.88 each
Additional coupon for 1.00 off.
$.88 each!

Albertsons Shredded cheese
Normally 3.99
Store coupon for .88 each.

Tombstone pizza
Normally 5.59
Store special 3/$10
Additional coupon for 1.00 off
2.33 each.

Excedrin
Normally 4.49
Store special 1.99
Coupon for 1.00 off.
.99 whoo hooo

Not as good as I hoped, but better than usual. Anyone have any tips for me? There are no stores in town who take competitor coupons so that option is out. I'm taking advice, though.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Nice! I LOVE reading about stuff like this. I'm always trying to buy more and spend less, although I don't really have any tips to share. Do you cut your coupons out of the newspaper? Print them online?

dawn klinge said...

Like Kristen, I'm curious...where do you get your coupons? I think I've gone to the grocery store at 4:30 to get dinner, the last four days in a row....not a good way to save money. I need to get back into meal planning.
Grocery Outlet is the place I shop when I'm trying to save money.

Andrea said...

You have to email my sister! She is the coupon mama! She even has a 3 ring binder she takes with her of all her coupons. She also goes to one site called couponmom.com.

Melissa said...

I want to hear more too. I think you did great. Does Albertsons not take competitor's coupons?

Lisa said...

I am terrible at couponing. I shop at walmart and just buy the store brand. My girlfriend said she was in line behind a women with a cart full of groceries and she left with a bill under 50 bucks. It inspired her to try the same thing.

Kristen said...

hey Delena! just wanted you to know that i gave you an award over here: http://www.crownsandcrumpets.blogspot.com/

happy monday! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my, this is sounding like my grandma.