Friday, May 1, 2009

Today we're off to the ocean for a week. Its been planned and anticipated for almost a year. I didn't realize when I booked the trip that Brooklyn's birthday was right in the middle of it, so we'll be celebrating her, too. (Did you notice the link to her blog on the right? Kind of "school" project. Good for writing practice.).

I thought I'd leave you with something Madelyn said the other day when it was just the two of us cruising around town.

Maddy: Mommy, sometimes I say bad words really quietly and I can't stop.

Me: Oh, really. What do you say? (hiding chuckle and smile)

Maddy: Um....guess.

Me: You tell me. You can say them this once and you wont get in trouble. (Secretly, I didn't want to "guess" and teach her new ones....)

Maddy: Sometimes I say stupid and dumb over and over.

We can deal with that. Sometimes I say them over and over, too....sometimes not so quietly. ;)

6 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Maddie is such a sweet little girl. That was cute. Have a great vacation.

Queen Mimi said...

Have a wonderful time, take tons of pictures and share lots of hugs with your adorable family. I will miss you. Call or text when your back in town.

soon-to-be-ex-wife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

hahaha...I only WISH those were the words I sometimes say over and over again....sweet maddie...

Kristen said...

She's sweet!

Unknown said...

LOL!!!!!!!!