Friday, June 26, 2009

Just Call Me The Goose Wisperer


This is Aflac. After my no-so-great experience with our rooster I was freaked out when the goose would chase me, too. This time I wasn't so naive to believe he wanted to be my friend. But when I was told that if geese are pissed they will hiss, my fear disappeared and I realized his/her warble wasn't him/her yelling at me but trying to communicate....to be my buddy. So I set out to tame this thing. And I am proud to announce I am successfully hand-feeding the little sucker. I went to the yard today and yelled "Aflac" and he/she perked up and came right over. I love this goose. (By the way, does anyone know how to tell if its a boy or a girl?)

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

I have no idea how to tell if it's a by or girl. How fun that you now have a tamed, pet goose!

Kristen said...

Awww...that's so sweet!