Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Berry Pickin'


How does a week fly by!

Last week my friend Dawn and I headed up to Chelan. Doug had an appt so I called her on a whim to meet us up there at Blueberry Hills. We picked berries and had a great time. I ended up with almost 6 lbs of blueberries and probably 2-3 lbs of raspberries. They were only $3/lb! Heck of a price. I understand why raspberries are so expensive. They're such a pain in the butt to pick! I googled a bunch of recipes and started out making one that looked SUPER yummy. And then I got into it and all the measurements were in weight instead of cups. So, out came the scale and I must have really screwed something up because they were terrible! Threw those out and made a blueberry/raspberry crisp that was divine. I've decided I'm going to make rasp ice cream with the remainder of those, but I haven't decided what to do with the blueberries. Heaven forbid we eat them raw!
I had to include this picture of Trent with a berry on his thumb. I thought it was so cute, and it reminded me of the little boy who "stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plumb."

After the berry picking we threw the kids into Lake Chelan! So fun! We found a perfect beach and there were hardly any people.

4 comments:

Queen Mimi said...

Awwww Amazing Photos! It looks like it was a fun time. Where was the beach on the lake? My Grandbabies are in Butte Montana at Wendy's as we Speak. Another hour or 2 closer to me.
Yippee.

Unknown said...

GREAT pictures! I love the one on the banner!!! You're the best. I hope my future wife is just like you.

dawn klinge said...

That new photo in your banner is so sweet! We already ate ALL our berries, but we're going back for more. Blueberry muffins, blueberry crisp, blueberry pie, smoothies...I can't get enough. ;)

Melissa said...

YOUR KIDS ARE SOOO CUTE!!! Love the header pic. How long is berry season? I may take the kids up there next week! (and if you're at your new house, we may be stopping by for a "hello")