Thursday, July 10, 2008

We have carpet

That's the good news. The bad news is that its the wrong kind! The story goes that Lowe's switched a few numbers during the ordering and ordered "my" carpet for the MIL suite. And they ordered "her" carpet and installed it in my living room. After I laughed, I called Lowe's, still laughing. They actually admitted they made the mistake and are replacing whatever needs replacing for free. Oh, if only all transactions were so easy!

On another note, I went out of the house today. First time all week. I have been so shocked at how fatigued I've felt with this not-being-able-to-breathe stuff. I was made aware of my fatigue on/around Tuesday. I hadn't slept well, couldn't lay down because I couldn't breathe, I could only sit in certain chairs that didn't fold me in half thus further compromising my already quite painful air intake, and was just plain tired. I was sitting outside in one of the "good chairs" and I started to cry. Sob, actually. Probably pure exhuastion. Perhaps a bit of hypoxia. But whose keeping track.

I was so tired and sore that I had snot running down my face, into my mouth, because I just couldn't bear to inhale deeply. So I just let it run. Lapping it up like a dog (or actually maybe like a small child) Then Doug came out to see me. I think it really grossed him out. All he said was "do you want a kleenex for that?" Yes, please.

4 comments:

Queen Mimi said...

Awwww D. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry. Sorry I'm laughing like Crazy right now.
Congrats on the Carpet....and the Compassionate Hubby.

dawn klinge said...

I wish I could just give you a big hug right now..I hate that you've been feeling so bad. I love your ability to laugh even when things get a little crazy. You WILL be moving into your new house soon! I keep thinking lately about last year at this time when I was moving and how stressed I got about all that. I thought the process would never end but it did.

Unknown said...

LOL!!! I'm sorry. Delena, glad you're getting better.

Melissa said...

Next time you should take a pic and post it. You and Ella have more in common than I thought.

http://justme-melissa.blogspot.com/2008/02/its-beginning-to-look.html

scroll down to the 3rd picture.

I'm glad you're feeling a little better.