Thursday, July 24, 2008

Today I'm off on a whim to North Bend to do some shopping. My SIL suggested it yesterday, so she and my MIL are going with. We're going to the outlet malls which is quite deceiving. They make you beleive you're getting a great deal because its an "outlet." I rarely find that much of a better deal to make the jaunt worthwhile, but I do like that all the shops are in one place. We have a limited supply of big chain stores here in the big city of Wenatchee so its nice to go someplace with a bit more variety. I actually don't like to shop. Hate trying on clothes because that means I have to take off all my garb for EVERY outfit. Call it laziness. I love to spend money and get cool stuff. But I don't necessarily like to shop.

Now what I do like to do is shop for the kids. I could spend hours in the kids clothing stores. They are entering an age, though, where they have to pick the clothes they wear and try them on because if it doesn't fit just right or if they don't like how it looks, they wont wear it and I'm out the $$. Gone are the days I could grab anything and they were thrilled with something new. No. Now we're picky.

That's all. Hopefully I'll come back with new outfits that make me look amazingly skinny. Wont hold my breath, but a girl can always dream....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cool! HAVE FUN and spend lots of money ON YOURSELF this time! Especially since that witch at Rusty's wouldn't give you that milkshake!!!

Eat somethin' good too.

dawn klinge said...

I don't like to shop for myself either for the same reason! I hope you have a fun day at the outlet malls and get lots of cute clothes for yourself. Are you going shopping without kids? I've been told by my husband to "go get something nice" to wear for a couple of events coming up but I'm lost... now I need someone else to tell me what's hip/cute. ;)

Melissa said...

Rock on D! Hope it was a great time!

Queen Mimi said...

Yay! I'm excited to see what you got. Any cast offs of old clothes for me?

(on a funny note...the word verification for this comment is: "fakid" Does anyone else think these words are odd?"